Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Let me start with… wow… this is a beautiful day… with amazing opportunities!
Can I recommend:
- Spend a few minutes taking in the beauty of the world around us.
- Pray… thank God for this day and for the blessings each day bring.
- Pray… pray for frontline workers (medical teams, policemen, firefighters, etc.)
By this time, you may have heard the news that bars, wineries and dine-in restaurants have been closed. You have heard the numbers of gatherings have gone from 50 or less to 10 or less. You may have heard that there have been reported confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Escondido. The news is being updated rapidly. This can be a lot to take in… And I understand how you are feeling.
Let me ask you to follow me on this. Let’s take things one step at a time. That means one day at a time. One day, one decision, one moment, one prayer, one step, one sacrifice… one step at a time.
I will try to send out regular communication to you for encouragement and to try and keep us all connected as a church during this time. Please stay connected to us. Please keep your heart open to the body of Christ at Orchard.
I plan on meeting with our Elders tonight and to put out a formal statement on how we will move forward as a church this week and the weeks to follow. I will work hard to provide opportunities for connectedness without putting you in a compromising position. It will be tricky for sure, however, I feel up to the task. ☺
Questions to ask yourself:
- How can I participate in helping people in need?
- What is God saying to me during this time?
- How do I walk with God in light of what God is sharing with me?
Know that I love you. I am praying for you. I will not give up working on shepherding the Bride of Christ, which is, the Church.
Advancing His Kingdom,