Life Groups at the Orchard are places where people can connect with one another and discuss things they are learning in their lives as they participate Sundays at church. Our hope for you is that you would take some time to learn what God might be saying to you through your community.
We have several life groups that meet as part of Orchard Community Church in Escondido that meet all throughout North County San Diego. Our goal in encouraging people to be part of life groups is to challenge our community to 1) gather & 2) grow.
We have developed some questions, as you will see below, that are designed to help you both 1) discuss & 2) study. We hove you find these questions to be helpful and challenging!
Life Group Question’s
- Have you ever been a part of a unhealthy spiritual family?
- What do you think the markers are of a healthy spiritual family?
- What is the cost of leaving one family and joining another (vs 11)?
- What keeps you from taking initiative to invite people into your own personal space? What keeps you from inviting them into your church family? Do you see these as separate spaces, if so, why?
- What were the three characteristics of a person of peace? Do you have these people in your life?
- Describe something amazing that God has done in your life. What does it look like to be ready for God to do amazing things?
- How do you build a spiritual family?
Bible Study Question’s
- Read Luke 5:1-11
- Read Luke 4 and discuss why did the fisherman listen to a builder about casting out their nets?
- Use a commentary, why did Jesus ask them to stay in the boat and be in the lake in Luke 5:1-3? (Study acoustics of the Sea of Galilea in reference to Jesus)
- Read Luke chapters 1-5 to see how Luke has introduced the word “Lord” and discuss why Simon goes from calling Jesus “Master” to “Lord”?
- What is the significance of Jesus telling Simon not to fear (Luke 5:10)?
- What did Simon have to leave in order to follow Jesus (Think critically about Jewish culture. See Pillar Commentary)
- What would have been the historic definition of family (see the word “Oikos”)?
- Read Mark 1:16-20, John 1:40-42, Luke 5:1-11 how do you reconcile the passages in Jesus calling the first disciples in the different Gospel accounts?
The Orchard Community Church is a North County Church and our goal is to help you find your place in God’s story and we do that by inviting people to find hope and experience love through faith in Christ. We meet at Orange Glen High School in Escondido Ca. at 9:00am and 10:30am every Sunday. The address at Orange Glen High School is 2200 Glenridge Rd., Escondido Ca. 92027.
All of us at Orchard Community Church would love to see you!