- Considering the message today, what do you think God is saying to you?
- What stood out to you from the message?
- Have you ever felt like nothing is wrong with you? (if something is wrong with everyone else, what does that say about you?)
- Where have you minimized your shortcomings?
- What reaction did you have when you heard, “I am powerless”? And what is God saying to you in that?
- Read chapters 3, 7 and 8 in Romans. What do these chapters say about the state of humanity and it’s need for salvation?
- What key themes does Paul identify and how do they string together?
- Read Romans 7:14 and John 8:31-36: Who sold you into sin’s slavery?
- What’s the significance of Jesus’ discussion with the Jews?
- Is Jesus anti-Judaism?
- What is the discrepancy in John 8:33?
- How is the law good?
Applying What You’ve Learned
- What is a shortcoming you need to address?
- Who can come alongside you to encourage you?
- What is your plan to overcome this barrier?