What is God saying to you?
- Considering the message today, what do you think God is saying to you?
- What are some of the different lists that you use to help you organize your life?
- What have been some personal inventories that you have taken of yourself? What were the results?
- How have you experienced hurt in your life? What have been some ways that you have coped with that hurt by hurting others (intentionally or unintentionally)?
- What is the plank in Jesus’ teaching in Matthew 7 symbolic of in your own life?
- What keeps you from making a honest assessment of yourself (is there anything in your life that is off limits to being assessed)?
- How would you assess your relationship with God and other people currently? What are some strengths and weaknesses?
- Read the sermon on the mount (Matt 5-7). What are some common themes and ideas that you see in these chapters?
- What does Matt 7:6 mean in relation to Jesus instructing us not to judge others?
- How do we remove the plank from our own eye?
- What are some verses in the bible that would help us with beginning to take an honest assessment of ourselves? (Ex. 1 John 4:18)
- What does Matt 7:5-6 say about our relationship with God?
What will you do?
- Make an assessment of yourself, evaluating your relationship with God and with people. What decisions have you made that have negatively impacted others around you. What are some common themes you see in areas that you need to address in your life?
- What is the next step for you?
Life Group Questions are designed to be a guide for discussion and spiritual growth. The questions are derived as a response to the teaching at Orchard Community Church in Escondido Ca. Orchard Community Church meets at Orange Glen High School in the Performing Arts Center at 9 and 10:30 on Sunday mornings.