Life Group Questions
- What stood out to you from this past sermon?
- What is your understanding of firstfruits?
- What characteristics have been generationally passed onto you? Specifically, what characteristics were passed onto you in relations to firstfruits?
- What fears arise when you think about giving 10% of your earnings? What do you do in response to these fears?
- How are you intentional with worshiping God? What are your specific practices?
- How can we move from a fear of giving to rejoicing in giving?
- How have you experience God working in your life over a long period of time?
Bible Study Questions
- Read Deut. 4:29, Deut. 6:4–8, Deut. 18:15, Deut. 34:10–12. From these verses what is the overarching theme of Deuteronomy?
- Read Deuteronomy 26:1-11
- Deuteronomy highlights both the Covenant and the Law. In 26:1-11, identify the relationship between the two.
- How does our time in Genesis and looking at the Old Testament Covenant connect to this passage?
- Who was the first to withhold firstfruits from God? What was the short and long impact of this decision? (Gen 4:1-16, 1 John 3:12)
- Where in the Bible do we stories of Gods deliverance? What are some of the common themes throughout those stories?