Life Group Discussion
- What stood out to you from the sermon this past Sunday?
- What does covenant mean to you?
- What kind of covenants do you have?
- Have any of your covenants exceeded your expectations?
- Do you have load bearing relationships in your life?
- What are the ways that we withhold from God? How can we address this in each other’s lives?
- What are the habits or traditions that you are passing down to the next generation in your relationship with God?
- What have you had to show trust in your covenants?
- How have you experienced the Lords provision in your life?
- Read Genesis 14, 15:1-5, 22:1-14
- What is the context of Genesis in leading up to Gen. 15:1-5?
- What was the covenant made with Abram in Genesis 12?
- How does Genesis 15:1-5 further explain the covenant?
- What happens in Genesis 15-21? How does this help us understand the covenant?
- What is the significance of God’s “ask” of Abram to sacrifice Isaac? How would Abram have processed this? What do you see Abram do in the Gen. 22?
- How do you understand the sacrificial system in the Old Testament? Read Gen. 3 and discuss what was sacrificed? How does this put humanity into relationship with God?
- Why do you think God asked Abram to sacrifice Isaac instead of giving God more of his wealth?
- What is Hebrew name for God that says “God will provide”? How have you experienced God in this way?