What is God saying?
- What stood out to you from the past message?
- Are you comfortable sharing your story and telling people about the impact Jesus has on your life?
- When did you last share your story with someone?
- What stops you from inviting your friends to church?
- Who do you think God wants you to be in light of the teaching today?
- Read Matthew 5. Who is this passage written to? What is the purpose of it?
- What is the significance of verses 1-12? How is this teaching historically controversial?
- Do a google search on the historical significance of “Salt” and “light” in the 1st Century A.D. What is the significance of the teaching in Matthew 5:13-16 in light of your google search?
- Why would Jesus use salt as an analogy for Christian behavior?
- What is the significance of salt being “thrown out” and trampled? What is the significance of a city on a hill?
What will you do?
- What does it mean for Christians to be relevant?
- What are good deeds?
- How can you be loving and bold in how we share our faith?
- What do you think God wants you to do in light of this passage?
- What will you do this week?
Life Group Questions are designed to be a guide for discussion and spiritual growth. The questions are derived as a response to the teaching at Orchard Community Church in Escondido Ca.