For all of our sermon questions, we like to ask three main questions.
- What is God saying to you?
- What does the Bible say?
- What will you do?
We will ask some of the same questions each week as well as asking several different questions each week. We ask questions in this way because we believe God is doing something in the heart of the person that is asking the question. When we slow down long enough to ask the question “What is God saying to me?” we give ourselves the time and energy to pay attention to what He might be saying. The Bible questions are there to help us ensure we are hearing correctly from God. God’s word will always be consistent with His voice in our heart and mind. The final questions on “What will you do?” are designed to prompt you to search your heart on what God is saying and respond to it.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
What is God saying to you?
- Considering the message today, what do you think God is saying to you?
- Have you ever confronted people with spiritual pride? What helped you take courage? What was challenging?
- Have you ever considered standing in front of your peers whom reject Jesus? What are the reasons you were able to stand your ground and share? What are some reasons you didn’t?
- Considering the message, what has your experience been on boldly sharing the truth?
What does the Bible say? Read Acts 7
- Why did Stephen begin his speech with Abraham?
- Why did Stephen refer to the promises of God?
- What are some of the other references you see listed in the message of Stephen? How do you think they pertain to the context of this chapter?
- What was Stephen trying to achieve?
- Why was the reference to the Tabernacle so important?
What will you do?
- What are the things that bring about fear in your life when it comes to sharing your faith with people?
- Have you become blind like the leaders of the Sanhedrin and the temple?
- How do you share your faith?
- Stephen reminded the Jews of their own faith. Are their things about your faith you have for gotten that you may need a reminded on?