What do you remember from the sermon? Did anything make you uncomfortable in the sermon? Anything push you in your thinking?
As Christians are there conflicts between the freedoms that we have in Christ and our cultural freedoms?
What excuses do we make for seeking our own good rather than the good of others (v. 24)?
Jesus sacrificed his life for us, what worldly sacrifices did he make (Matt. 4:1-11; Phil. 2:6-7)?
What are the sacrifices that you might be called to make for the sake of the Gospel (Rom 12:1-2)?
How are you at sharing the Gospel? What are some of the challenges to it (vv. 27-30)?
Who are some people in your life right now that you know need Jesus? How can you witness to them (be specific)?
1. What do you remember from the sermon? Did anything make you uncomfortable in the sermon? Anything push you in your thinking?
2. When is it ok to get divorced? (10-11)
3. What does Jesus teach about divorce?
4. What is the historic issue on sex and celibacy on the issue of spiritual maturity?
5. What are some things you do to safeguard yourself from temptation?
6. How is abstinence a concession?
7. How do you protect yourself from divorce?
8. Is it ok to marry the person because your lusting after them? (8-9)
- What do you remember from the sermon?
- Did anything make you uncomfortable in the sermon? Anything push you in your thinking?
- What do you think the bible means when it says “your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit”?
- Why is Paul talking about the body being a “temple”? What is the significance?
- If God indwells the temple, how can a believer be united with an unbeliever by a sexual experience? See 1 Cor. 6:15
- How do you distinguish what is right from what is beneficial?
- If we struggle with the thought “it’s my body” what then are you responsible for?
- Are you stewarding your body as a priceless gift?