Sunday, Oct 16
Message: Take Heart
Series: Relying on God
Passage: Psalm 27:13-14
Thank you for taking the time to read Orchard's weekly news bulletin. It is our hope that the information in this communication will enable you to get plugged in, get to know your brothers and sisters in Christ, and come together in fellowship as Christ followers with the goal of "inviting people to experience Hope through Faith in Christ."
If you missed last Sunday, you can listen to last week's sermon "Engaging God" by clicking here.
Weekly Memory Verse: "I can do everything through him who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13
UPCOMING EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Thank you for being faithful in filling out your communication cards! We would love to give a few lucky winners a gift. There will be a drawing on December 4 after we collect communication cards for six weeks. Five winners will receive a Starbucks gift card and one person wins the grand prize.
*Remember, winning is as simple as filling out a communication card...good luck!
COMMUNITY MOVIE NIGHT
Join us for a fun night out as a community! We will be watching Kung Fu Panda 3 at 6:15 p.m., on the field of Glenview Elementary School, on Friday, October 14. Popcorn and water will be provided.
2ND ANNUAL TURKEY BOWL
Let’s kick off the holidays as a church family by playing (or cheering on) a game of flag football Thanksgiving morning, Thurs., Nov. 24, from 7-8:30am. Flag equipment and water will be provided. Be sure to wear warm, comfortable, athletic clothing and tennis shoes.
ARE YOU SERVING! Romans 12:11
"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."
God is doing an amazing work at the Orchard! We have been privileged to see God answer prayers, people making new commitments to Christ and attendance rising at an accelerated pace. As God grows the Church, we also need to grow our volunteer teams to meet the increased demand. The Orchard is looking for people who love the Lord and willing to serve once a month in one of the following ministries:
- Communion (Help prepare the bread/juice for communion. We need 2 people to serve once every 3 months)
- Hospitality (Help set up and tear down our hospitality table, and provide coffee and snacks. We need 4 people to help serve our congregation.)
- Security (Help keep our Church safe. We are looking for 2 people to join the Security team)
- Nursery/Pre-K (Help with babies and teaching our young ones. We are looking for 4 people who would be willing to invest in our children)
- Elementary (If you love to teach children, we need 4 people to be teachers or teachers aides)
- Audio (If you like technology, we are looking for 2 people to join our Audio team.)
- Video (Help prepare slides and media to support our Sunday morning worship services. We need 2 people to join our Video team)
- Worship (Music) (If you have experience singing or can play an instrument, we are looking for people to join our Sunday morning Worship Team.)
- Alpha Team (Help setup & tear-down the Church on Sunday mornings. This is one of the most important ministries at the Orchard. We are looking for dedicated people to join this team).
- Welcome Teams (If you love to smile and meet people, then we have a place for you in our Ushers/Greeters teams - we need 6 people who are willing to serve once a month)
If you are not yet serving and have been hearing God’s voice to serve, please complete a “Response Card” and write “Serve” on the back of the card or email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will contact you to discuss your desire to serve. Together we can make a difference!
LOS NINOS DE LA PROMESA CLOTHING DRIVE
OCC will be delivering the donated clothes to Los Ninos de la Promesa in Tijuana on October 22. We will be leaving around 8:30 a.m. from the Bittner’s (2326 Sunset Drive) and are looking for others to join us. We have lots of boxes to deliver and need volunteers with cars to help transport the clothes to Tijuana. Those willing to go must have a valid US Passport, and if you take your car, purchasing Mexican car insurance for the day is highly recommended. The cost for insurance is very minimal. Please let Mel Bittner know ASAP if you plan on going. (760) 743-3172 or e-mail email@example.com .
FALL LIFE GROUPS
Grow in community with others and in relationship with God by joining a Life Group. Our desire is that everyone feels connected and known. Find a group that best fits your schedule from our list and sign up today by: 1) writing “Life Group” on the back of your response card, 2) signing up at the Connection Table, or 3) placing a completed form in the offering basket. If you have any questions, contact Natalie Boyd, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a need that you would like to include in this bulletin, please send an email to email@example.com for publication.
Looking for Room to Rent
- Single Mom looking for a room to rent or someone looking for a roommate.
If you know someone that has a room to rent or is looking for a roommate, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have items for sale or want to give away (only good items please) that you would like to include in this bulletin, please email the items to email@example.com for publication.