Sunday, Oct 28
Message: Powerfully Transformed
Series: Relying on God
Passage: 2 Cor. 5:17
Thank you for taking the time to read Orchard's weekly news bulletin. It is our hope that the information in this communication will enable you to get plugged in, get to know your brothers and sisters in Christ, and come together in fellowship as Christ followers with the goal of "inviting people to experience Hope through Faith in Christ."
If you missed last Sunday, you can listen to last week's sermon "Powerfully Transformed" by clicking here.
Weekly Memory Verse: "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Rom.3:23
UPCOMING EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
NEW BIBLE STUDY
Interested in learning the basics of our Christian experience? Please join us for an engaging Bible study in Room 511 during our 9:00 am service for the month of November. The first Sunday, Nov. 6, we will study salvation and prayer. For the following weeks, we will study the Trinity—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
For more information, please send an email to email@example.com or write "Bible Study" on the back of the Response Card.
LADIES NIGHT OUT
Come all dazzled up and ready to hang out with the ladies in your favorite dress and heels on Sat., Nov. 12, from 4-8pm. The night consists of dinner, worship and fellowship at Stacie Lauzon’s home. Guest speaker Jerusha Clark will share about the importance of gratitude in our relationship with God. Cost is $20.
RSVP today at the Connection Center. Contact Natalie Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD REMINDER
This Sunday please bring in school supplies, small games and activities, like pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books (no words please), flashlights with batteries, travel-size board games, etc. to put in the shoe boxes. Please bring them to the Operation Christmas Child table outside. Thank you so much for your donations!
To learn more about Operation Christmas Child click here.
For questions email Tonya at email@example.com.
2017 3rd ANNUAL CHILI COOK-OFF
Hey all you Chili lovers. - We are already thinking about our 3rd annual chili cook-off. It won’t be until after the first of the year but we are looking for some interested people to help in planning and running the event. If you are interested please contact Jan Bittner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 743-3172.
Thank you for being faithful in filling out your communication cards! We would love to give a few lucky winners a gift. There will be a drawing on December 4 after we collect communication cards for six weeks. Five winners will receive a Starbucks gift card and one person wins the grand prize.
Remember, winning is as simple as filling out a communication card...good luck!
MISSIONARY SPOTLIGHT UPDATE
OCC will welcome Matt Herbst and Alice Matthews on October 30th as they share about their ministries. Matt has already spoken to OCC and works as a missionary in Malawi. Patty is the wife of the late Harry Larson who was the former Missions Pastor of EFCC. She was the hostess for the Saifs and Heidi Paul in India this past summer. She has been working for several years among the Dalits in India teaching and supervising their ministry. The Dalits are the poorest of the poor and are considered the lowest caste in India.
2ND ANNUAL TURKEY BOWL
Let’s kick off the holidays as a church family by playing (or cheering on) a game of flag football Thanksgiving morning, Thurs., Nov. 24, from 7-8:30am. Flag equipment and water will be provided. Be sure to wear warm, comfortable, athletic clothing and tennis shoes.
ARE YOU SERVING?!
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
Are you serving!
God is doing an amazing work at the Orchard! We have been privileged to see God answer prayers, people making new commitments to Christ and attendance rising at an accelerated pace. As God grows the Church, we also need to grow our volunteer teams to meet the increased demand. The Orchard is looking for people who love the Lord and willing to serve once a month in one of the following ministries:
- Communion (Help prepare the bread/juice for communion. We need 2 people to serve once every 3 months)
- Hospitality (Help set up and tear down our hospitality table, and provide coffee and snacks. We need 4 people to help serve our congregation.)
- Security (Help keep our Church safe. We are looking for 2 people to join the Security team)
- Nursery/Pre-K (Help with babies and teaching our young ones. We are looking for 4 people who would be willing to invest in our children)
- Elementary (If you love to teach children, we need 4 people to be teachers or teachers aides)
- Audio (If you like technology, we are looking for 2 people to join our Audio team.)
- Video (Help prepare slides and media to support our Sunday morning worship services. We need 2 people to join our Video team)
- Worship (Music) (If you have experience singing or can play an instrument, we are looking for people to join our Sunday morning Worship Team.)
- Alpha Team (Help setup & tear-down the Church on Sunday mornings. This is one of the most important ministries at the Orchard. We are looking for dedicated people to join this team).
- Welcome Teams (If you love to smile and meet people, then we have a place for you in our Ushers/Greeters teams - we need 6 people who are willing to serve once a month)
If you are not yet serving and have been hearing God’s voice to serve, please complete a “Response Card” and write “Serve” on the back of the card or email email@example.com and someone will contact you to discuss your desire to serve. Together we can make a difference!
If you have a need that you would like to include in this bulletin, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for publication.
House or Apartment to Rent
• One of our members is looking for a house or apartment to rent.
• Single Mom looking for a room to rent or someone looking for a roommate.
If you know someone that has a house or apartment or room to rent, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you have items for sale or want to give away (only good items please) that you would like to include in this bulletin, please email the items to firstname.lastname@example.org for publication.