Sunday, Oct 16
Message: Take Heart
Series: Relying on God
Passage: Psalm 27:13-14
Thank you for taking the time to read Orchard's weekly news bulletin. It is our hope that the information in this communication will enable you to get plugged in, get to know your brothers and sisters in Christ, and come together in fellowship as Christ followers with the goal of "inviting people to experience Hope through Faith in Christ."
If you missed last Sunday, you can listen to last week's sermon "God's Power" by clicking here.
Weekly Memory Verse: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" Prov. 3:5-6
UPCOMING EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
LADIES NIGHT OUT
Come all dazzled up and ready to hang out with the ladies in your favorite dress and heals on Sat., Nov. 12, from 4-8pm. The night consists of dinner, worship and fellowship at Stacie Lauzon’s home. Guest speaker Jerusha Clark will share about the importance of gratitude in our relationship with God. Cost is $20. RSVP today at the Connection Center. Contact Natalie Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD REMINDER
This Sunday please bring in small stuffed animals and small toys that will get a "Wow" reaction from a child to put in the shoe boxes. Please bring them to the Operation Christmas Child table outside. Thank you so much for your donations!
To learn more about Operation Christmas Child click here.
For questions email Tonya at email@example.com.
Thank you for being faithful in filling out your communication cards! We would love to give a few lucky winners a gift. There will be a drawing on December 4 after we collect communication cards for six weeks. Five winners will receive a Starbucks gift card and one person wins the grand prize.
*Remember, winning is as simple as filling out a communication card...good luck!
MISSIONARY SPOTLIGHT UPDATE
OCC will welcome Matt Herbst and Alice Matthews on October 30th as they share about their ministries. Matt has already spoken to OCC and works as a missionary in Malawi. Alice is the wife of the late Harry Larson who was the former Missions Pastor of EFCC. She was the hostess for the Saifs and Heidi Paul in India this past summer. She has been working for several years among the Dalits in India teaching and supervising their ministry. The Dalits are the poorest of the poor and are considered the lowest caste in India
2ND ANNUAL TURKEY BOWL
Let’s kick off the holidays as a church family by playing (or cheering on) a game of flag football Thanksgiving morning, Thurs., Nov. 24, from 7-8:30am. Flag equipment and water will be provided. Be sure to wear warm, comfortable, athletic clothing and tennis shoes.
ARE YOU SERVING! Romans 12:11
"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."
God is doing an amazing work at the Orchard! We have been privileged to see God answer prayers, people making new commitments to Christ and attendance rising at an accelerated pace. As God grows the Church, we also need to grow our volunteer teams to meet the increased demand. The Orchard is looking for people who love the Lord and willing to serve once a month in one of the following ministries:
- Communion (Help prepare the bread/juice for communion. We need 2 people to serve once every 3 months)
- Hospitality (Help set up and tear down our hospitality table, and provide coffee and snacks. We need 4 people to help serve our congregation.)
- Security (Help keep our Church safe. We are looking for 2 people to join the Security team)
- Nursery/Pre-K (Help with babies and teaching our young ones. We are looking for 4 people who would be willing to invest in our children)
- Elementary (If you love to teach children, we need 4 people to be teachers or teachers aides)
- Audio (If you like technology, we are looking for 2 people to join our Audio team.)
- Video (Help prepare slides and media to support our Sunday morning worship services. We need 2 people to join our Video team)
- Worship (Music) (If you have experience singing or can play an instrument, we are looking for people to join our Sunday morning Worship Team.)
- Alpha Team (Help setup & tear-down the Church on Sunday mornings. This is one of the most important ministries at the Orchard. We are looking for dedicated people to join this team).
- Welcome Teams (If you love to smile and meet people, then we have a place for you in our Ushers/Greeters teams - we need 6 people who are willing to serve once a month)
If you are not yet serving and have been hearing God’s voice to serve, please complete a “Response Card” and write “Serve” on the back of the card or email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will contact you to discuss your desire to serve. Together we can make a difference!
FALL LIFE GROUPS
Grow in community with others and in relationship with God by joining a Life Group. Our desire is that everyone feels connected and known. Find a group that best fits your schedule from our list and sign up today by: 1) writing “Life Group” on the back of your response card, 2) signing up at the Connection Table, or 3) placing a completed form in the offering basket. If you have any questions, contact Natalie Boyd, email@example.com.
If you have a need that you would like to include in this bulletin, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for publication.
Looking for Room to Rent
- Single Mom looking for a room to rent or someone looking for a roommate.
If you know someone that has a room to rent or is looking for a roommate, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you have items for sale or want to give away (only good items please) that you would like to include in this bulletin, please email the items to firstname.lastname@example.org for publication.